What does Your "Bling" Mean to You? Whether it be a few trinkets or a collection of signature finds, we have to admit that it feels good to have a few of our favourite things! It took me a while to collect a few of my favourite blings and I find it hard to imagine losing them or giving them away one day. Why are we so attached to our worldly gems?
Alright, we have to go way back to our first piece of bling. I bought myself a pair of diamond earrings - humble .25 carat round brilliant studs set in 18k yellow gold with my first paycheck. I was exasperated about them. I wore them every single day. After all these years, a lot has changed, even the 18k yellow gold was dipped 18k white gold - yes, my taste has changed a bit. Still, the diamonds and the style remains the same. I still wear them all the time. Everytime I look at these mini-sized diamond earrings, I went back to the day when I walked into this local jewellery store, looking at the display and wondering if I could afford anything in there. My, when I saw those sparklers blinking at me, I could not resist but have to try them on. They costs the entire whole month of my salary, but, one could not always be as rational constantly, right? And I have to say, they meant a lot to me.
Over the years, I have collected quite a few of my favourite blings, some from my loved ones, like the lovely pearl necklace I got from my Dad when I graduated, the lovely diamond ring from my Mother, the wonderful engagement ring from my husband, a few wonderful finds all over the world, all of these blings are tied with a wonderful story. What about you and your worldly Blings?

Anne - The Bling Girl
www.annehaywood.com
 

Comments

Popular Posts