The Story of the Frogs

There were two frogs who have fallen into a steep ditch one day.  Both of them started jumping with all their might to get back to the surface but in vain.  Their frog friends at the surface were concerned to see the two fallen frogs struggling to get to the top.  This happened early in the morning and now it is midday.  The frogs were still jumping and very tired.  Their frog friends, seeing them falling behind started yelling down to the ditch, "You might as well give up.  There is no way you will succeed.  The ditch is too deep for any frogs to jump out of."

Exhibit A - Froggy One
-  I am exhausted and hungry.  I am tired and missed my family.  I want to get out of this terrible situation.  Oh, but it is impossible, the ditch is too deep, my friends told me so.  It's hopeless...

Exhibit B - Froggy Two
- I am so tired.  Thank you to all my dear friends cheering for me and encouraging me.  Oh look at all of them up there, they are wonderful.  I will not let them down.  I will keep jumping until I get to the surface, I will, I will...

It is evening now, the friends felt really sad.  Froggy One, has given up and withered away.

Wait, this is a miracle, Froggy Two gave one last sprint, and he got to the surface.  He was in tears, hugging all his friends, thanking them for their support,  He saids, "Without all of you cheering for me, and supporting me, I would never succeed.  Thank you, Thank you!"

The froggy friends were really confused.  They have not been cheering for the froggies in the ditch, on the contrary, they have been trying to tell them to let go and give up.

Well, dear readers, our Champion, Froggy Two is apparently deaf!  He can only see his friends' big movements and mistook that for their cheering and supportive gestures.

So, what can we learn from this story?

Comment below and share your insights.

Anne Haywood Smith
The Bling Girl
Organization like the Starkey Hearing Foundations are committed to providing hearing aids and other related philantrophy work to people who needs help with their hearing.  To learn more go to www.sotheworldmayhear.org

Comments

Popular Posts