Chicago is beautiful and and so are you!!!  Happy Father's Day! 

When I was a kid, me and my Dad shared a lot of time together watching soccer games and hanging out on Sundays for morning cartoons.  He is the best, always gentle, and we will have conversations in a grown up manner, I was only starting to talk ... he actually recorded some of our early conversations and later on when I get older, I listened to them, it is just me babbling, with my father's gentle voice in the background encouraging me to continue talking.  That is why I grow up to be quite talkative, I keep telling my husband about it...

I remembered my father being always busy working, being out and about for business meetings, traveling, late hours socializing with customers from overseas, just never home.  To be able to spend time with my father is beyond precious.  If I have to count the hours I spent with my father, I think it will take less than a short while to figure that out.  I learned from my father the good work ethics and discipline one must have to be able to sustain in this world.

Now that my father has passed away for almost ten years plus, I felt that it is not as hard to talk about him anymore.  The lost of my father took away a large part of me and left me with a huge void.  Growing up, I always turn to my father for business advice, and will run things by him first before making any big decisions.  He is the one person that I can count on and look up to.  

The day he left, I still could not believe the fact that he has moved on and I still make the mistake of taking up the phone whenever I needed advice to call him, just briefly enough to realize that he will not be there on the other end of the line.  


My father knows that from my very young years that I have a love for jewellery, and so he encouraged that passion by giving me my first diamond ring on my 16th birthday.  I still wear it. On my 18th birthday, he gave me a strand of cultured pearl necklace, and a pearl solitaire ring.  I kept them well.  Sometimes people said a girl's impression of how their future husband should be is a reflection on their own father's personality.  I believe it is true.  My husband is gentle, kind, loving, hard worker, smart and he often surprises me with presents.  




Comments

Popular Posts