BUSY YOU ...




Alright, I have to admit that time management is huge in getting things done on a timely manner, but with all the fun stuff going on in our lives, who has time to time manage?  I am a planner naturally and tends to plan things ahead of time so that is possibly my way of time management.  Looking at all the tools in the industry to help with time management, we have the to-do list, Franklin Planner system, Palm Pilot, google calendar, what else, I am sure you are all quite familiar with it all.  So why is it still not easy for some people to manage their time well?
Do we adjust our ways of time management according to our mood, personality, habits, way of life, variables and circumstances?  I read this book, Eat that Frog, or something like that, which talks about doing the first three most difficult tasks first thing in the day, then tackle the smaller tasks and make sure we complete each task before moving onto the next one.  I can comprehend this for most people, but for the individuals who often gets interrupted by other people, how do you handle this?
Delegate others to do some of the tasks for you while you can spend your productive energy towards more pressing issues. Yes, this is good, but how do we make sure the tasks have been taken care of efficiently and accurately without us having to redo them?
Reward yourselves towards the end of the week to lesser tasks and have at least one day of the week to be a couch potato!   I like this, just wake up whenever, have a relaxing no emails, phone, etc. day and let yourself go.  Recharge your energy and be twice as productive the next day.
This is how I do it:-
Wake up early in the day and manage myself first.  Have a great morning, no electronics, just my lovely oatmeal, blueberries, and coffee.  Listen to the birds, the wind, the sound of cars passing by.  Let your own mind wake up and create your agenda of the day.  (I usually came up with great ideas at this time of the day, even before I wake up and at times got woken up by my mind working first.  That explains why I like to be left alone in the morning!)
Complete two main tasks before 11:00a.m. then have an early lunch and review my list of things to do.
Afternoon, take care of other businesses as it comes along and so forth.  Before bedtime, draft only three things to do for the next day.
This is it, just keep it simple but knowing when your most productive energy level is during the day will have you focus your best self to tackle any challenges.
How about you?  Comments welcome!

Comments

Popular Posts