The Bourbon Experience

Are you a whiskey connoisseur?  I am not but I am at the same time.  I like the taste of Scotch & Malt whiskey such as the Macallan, Glenfiddich, Black & White and the like.  I do have an occasional Jack Daniels, which I paired with my chocolate.  I have grown to like bourbon which is apparently different from whiskey. According to Men’s Journal’s article, all bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon.
My recent mini-vacation in Chicago, was great.  Good friends, good food, and adventurous pairing of aperitif with appetizers.  I had a wonderful tumbler of Knob bourbon and a charcuterie platter while admiring the splendour of the beautiful skyline of Chicago atop the Roof at the Wit hotel. Bourbon does go well with  tasty cheese and all.  I wonder if I have actually missed out on trying the bourbons in America.   So I decided to also pair bourbon with cuisine such as mussel stew, grilled squid, sushi, sesame jellyfish and the list is ever expanding.
Grilled Octopus with lime juice
Jellyfish with sesame 
Fresh mussels in spicy broth
King prawns with special sauce

Comments

Popular Posts